Friday, January 27, 2012

Baking Soda is Magical!

The other day while talking with a friend, we were discussing all the uses of baking soda, then all of a sudden she goes, "baking soda is magical!" Ha ha...I agreed. It dates back to being used by the ancient Egyptians. It is a mineral called Natron found dissolved in mineral springs, consisting of sodium carbonate, decahydrate, and sodium bicarbonate. It was used back then as a cleansing agent like soap. Today it is still used in baking, beauty products, toothpaste(I make mine homemade with Indian healing clay, peppermint, and tea tree oils), for cleaning off appliances, works excellent for ceramic sinks, or for odor, can sprinkle some on soiled clothes, or rugs to help take out a smell, or even stinky drains, and I've used it to take glue off my hands. One of my clients who's in his 60's said his mother use to have him take some with water as a way to balance his acid levels in the body. One of my favorite uses is for washing oil out of my
massage sheets, but you also have to use hot water to help cut it. There are so, so many uses, and it's gentle, and a more natural way to clean your home, body, or clothes. Yes, it's a great whitener too! Do you know of any other uses? If so, please share in a comment below. Blessings...